- May 21-22, 2000.
NCRC Weekend Orientation to Cave Rescue
Near New Melones Dam, CA
- The NCRC Cave Rescue Orientation Course is a weekend course that includes many elements of the weeklong seminar, except
that it does not include vertical rescue. It includes both lecture
and hands-on practice as well as a simulated cave rescue operation
on the second day.
Contact Amanda Clark.
- June 26-30, 2000. NCRC Cave Rescue Operations and Management Seminar.
- The NSS will be hosting meetings and papers for the National Cave Rescue Commission,
the Rescue Section, and the Safety and techniques session. In addition, there will be an
Orientation to Cave Rescue will be taught on Wednesday.
- July 15-23, 2000. NCRC Cave Rescue Operations and Management Seminar.
- These courses consist of extensive classroom and field work designed to
maximize the learning experience. The cave rescue
programs provide studies in underground environment, vertical rescue,
pulley systems, extrication techniques, basic medical
principles, communications, and management of cave rescue operations. These courses provide
basic and advanced material for students who typicall include
cavers, emergency services personnel, and emergency managers.
Contact John Massa or John Appleby, or telephone: John Appleby (215-541-4994).
- August 12, 2000. Self Rescue Group Training - Medical and Horizontal Movement Modules
Mother Lode Area, CA
- The SRG will be teaching medical assessment of an injured caver
and how to evacuate the caver in a horizontal environment
(Horizontal Module). These
classes total ~10 hours of training. Contact
Eric Johnson or Robert Boyd.
- Aug 25-27, Sept 2-4,9,10, 2000. SoCal III NCRC
- The Sheriff’s Cave Rescue Team will host a Level I and a
Level II Cave Rescue Operations and Management Seminar
in southern California and Nevada in late Summer of 2000.
This will be the third time a Level I course has been
presented in this area and the second time a Level II has been
presented locally in modular format. This course will result in a
certificate from the NCRC which will be valid for attending the
next level seminar in another venue. Contact Bryan Lavender.
- January 2001. Western Region Training Committee Planning Meeting
Department of Family Practice, University Medical Center, Fresno, CA.
The Western Region Training Committee, a part of the Western Region,
will be having a meeting Sunday January 9 at 10:00 A.M. at the Family
Practice Conference Room, University Medical Center, Fresno, CA. The election of WRTC officers will occur at this meeting. All cavers interested in
cave rescue issues in the Western Region are invited to attend.
- Map or Directions:
From the North, take 99 south to Kings Canyon/Ventura offramp, go
east until you reach Cedar, at UMC. Turn left on Cedar then at the
light turn right onto Huntington. Park on the street near the fenced in
parking lot. There will be a sign in the door where to go.
From the South, take 99 north to Clovis avenue. Take Clovis north
to Kings Canyon then turn left. Turn right on Cedar as you pass UMC
then right again at the light at Huntington, etc.
Contact Roger Mortimer, or
send agenda items to Lynn Fielding.