A Macintosh Control Panel.
2.4.2. Copyright 2000, 2001 Hugh Kawahara. All rights reserved.
TaskMenuBar is a control panel that uses the empty space on the menu
bar for many operations such as launching and switching applications, and opening files.
Because it only uses the menu bar, unlike other utilities, it will never
obscure or be obscured by other windows.
(11/7/01, 151k bytes .sit file).
What's New in Version 2.4.0
- Version 2.4.0 supports control strip modules (requires OS-8.5 or later).
What's New in Version 2.4.1
- All control strip modules are now compatible with the OS-9 multiple users mode.
- Double click problems with ActionMenus Fixed.
- FinderPop's "Clicking unused menu bar area" feature works more reliably.
- Far right icon won't be erased by the menu bar clock, even if it is a control strip module.
What's New in Version 2.4.2
- Properly handles packaged applications, such as iView MediaPro.
IMPORTANT: If you have added application packages
(some of Carbonized applications) using versions prior to 2.4.1,
please remove them and re-add to TaskMenuBar.
- Sorts menu items on non-Apple volumes, such as DOS floppies and network volumes.
- Compatible with Control Strip Modules that change the font and the fore color.
As shown in the picture above, icons will appear on the menu bar as you launch applications.
You can also manually add icons to the menu bar. By clicking these icons, you can:
- Switch, hide or launch applications by mouse clicks on the menu bar.
- Open files by drag and dropping them onto an application icon.
- Quit an application or all other applications.
- Open files and folders with mouse clicks or via hierarchical menus.
- Move or copy files to a folder or volume.
- Use control strip modules.
- Print files. Select the default printer.
- Open files and folders via hierarchical menus.
- Eject removable volumes.
- Show the clipboard or the About This Computer window.
- Move files or folders to the trash and Empty the trash.
TaskMenuBar is a shareware (single CPU license, US$ 15).
To register, go to
TaskMenuBar Online Order Page.
Please see the "Read Me" file for postal mail orders and volume discounts (3 or more).
- Any Macintosh computer running System 7.1 or later, including OS-8 and 9.
The 7.5 or later is strongly recommended. TaskMenuBar works best with the 8.5 or later.
Want to Be Notified?
If you wish to be notified when TaskMenuBar is updated, try
Links to Other Sites
Since this site has a download limit :-(,
if the downloading failed from the link above, try the following link:
Alternative Download Link: TaskMenuBar.
The background texture by ARTIS Software
(c) 2000, 2001 Hugh Kawahara. All rights reserved.
Back to My Home Page